MY FIRST NINETY YEARS
A hand-written autobiography with an indepth look at the life of Dr. Nelson (Doc) Lester.
In 1955 Dr. Nelson Lester and Dr. Frank Codlin established a very successful veterinary practise in Lindsay Ontario. Over the next fifty years Dr. Lester became one of the most respected Veterinarians at the Lindsay Animal Clinic.
Growing up in Toronto with his father on the City of Toronto Fire Department and spending summers in Fenelon Falls where he met his wife Betty, it was not long until he was off to the Ontario Veterinary College.
With a lifelong passion for horses the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto brought many years of enjoyment, not only showing Hackney and Shetland Ponies, but serving for twenty five years as Official Horse Show Veterinarian where he treated and officiated over horses & ponies from around the world.
His unique story includes:
– being presented to HRH Princess Anne
– over sixty years as a dedicated member, director & past president of the Lindsay Central Exhibition
– playing drums with The Misty River Ramblers
– competing with horses and ponies across Ontario and beyond
– being inducted into the Canadian Hackney Society Hall of Fame
– looking after “Pebbles” – the horse that against all odds survived “Lockjaw”
This 151 page limited edition book includes over 75 pictures from his personal collectiion